Not sure about your career path choice? Need a summer job? Like to meet other professional students – even ask them advice
Students enrolled in Fish Health and Aquaculture at BIO have confronted their need for more information by deciding to establish their own student union (linjeforeninga). Eight enthusiastic, engaged young people in years1-4 of the 5-year programmes have established a Board. In addition they have established two working groups: one interfacing with industry, the other responsible for events.
Two Board members, 4-year students Charlotte Asserson and Ida-Kathrin Gjerstad Nerbøvik, enumerated some of the types of information they feel could be channelled via the union:
- Presentations of work places
- Interviews with previous graduates about working life
- Summer job opportunities in this area
- Short learning opportunities abroad
- Links to other student groups such as STIM, and Biologisk fagutvalg (BFU)